I’d like to say a huge thankyou to Mentally Questionable for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I am so grateful! Anyone who hasn’t already should check out her blog. She very eloquently and accurately describes what life is like with the daily struggle of anxiety and depression. Definitely worth a read.
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their blog
- List the rules and display the award on your blog
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other amazing blogs and pass it on.
So, seven facts about me:
- I am obsessed with reading. It’s a great escape for me from reality.
- I want to help others who are suffering with mental illness. I hope one day to do a psychology degree or a course in counselling. I think I would find a career in counselling very satisfying.
- I blog under a pseudonym to protect my identity. It’s very important to me that I feel I can be completely open about my feelings with no risk of judgment from people I know.
- I love Harry Potter. I even have a Pottermore account and am a proud Ravenclaw.
- I love singing.
- My father-in-law is a twin, and his twin had twins, so I’m terrified that I’ll one day have twins. I know there’s not really an increased risk I will since twins are in my husband’s bloodline, not mine, but still. It’s scary. The thought of giving birth twice in quick succession…? No thankyou.
- I have a tiny scar above my top lip from running towards a bathroom door at church just as someone opened it right at me, and the edge hit my face hard. I can’t remember how old I was, but I know I was a child when it happened.Thankfully, the scar falls neatly into that little groove in between my mouth and my nose, so it’s not noticeable unless you’re up close.
I’m going to nominate:
Adventures Of A Labor Nurse – a very emotive and inspiring blog about being a labour nurse. This blogger has experienced some amazing and heart-wrenching things.
Confessions Of An Unexpected Introvert – a very open and honest blog about fear and being introverted. I find I can relate to a lot of posts on this blog.
themamawithbipolardisorder’sblog – I have only been following this blog for a few days, but already I feel a kinship with this blogger. Like me, she is a young mother struggling with mental illness. A very open and honest blog.
Little steps to Somewhere – I love reading this blogger’s posts and I also love the comments I receive from them on my own posts.
doneinsecret – a brutally honest blog about struggling with an eating disorder. I find the posts very real and inspiring.
Young & Twenty – I always make time to read the posts on this blog. Often they are bite-sized insights into life and human thought processes, and I find them very emotive and relatable.
The Chatter Blog – definitely worth a read, a very inspiring blog about all sorts of things life can throw at you, often with a dash of humour mixed in too.
Thankyou again Mentally Questionable for the nomination, I really appreciate it! I’ve really enjoyed doing this post and deciding who to nominate myself. Happy Blogging!